Membership Promotion Chair
Mechanical Engineer at M&R Engineering
Membership Promotion Co-Chair
Mechanical Engineer at CBCL Ltd.
Phone: 902-421-7241 x2782
The Membership Promotion Committee publicizes the aims, activities, achievements, and scientific and educational purposes of the Society to encourage qualified persons to apply for membership. The committee also monitors the chapter’s membership demographics and, where appropriate, adjusts or creates programs to ensure that individuals from all demographic backgrounds are being equally attracted to ASHRAE.
Connect & Engage
Explore the many communities for ASHRAE members and see how you can get involved. Whether you’re looking to expand your network or give back, there is a path for you at ASHRAE.
- Members come together locally in chapters (like here in HRM!!!) and Regions across the world.
- New members get one free registration to attend either the Annual or Winter Conference to use within the first 24 months of membership, and discounts on all conference registrations including Topical Conferences which offer in-depth discussion on focused industry topics.
- Chapter Regional Conferences bring members within your region together for networking and learning.
- You can connect and share expertise by joining a Technical Committee.
Get access to the world’s largest knowledge base of HVACR related technical information. Members get:
- Monthly ASHRAE Journal and quarterly HPB Magazine.
- Qualifying members may select to receive one complimentary ASHRAE Standard (PDF) or the upcoming ASHRAE Handbook (PDF), annually. These members also have the option to add the printed ASHRAE Handbook for a discounted rate of $70 (U.S.) and $89 (International).
- Automatic 25% discount in the Bookstore.
- Access to the ASHRAE Technology Portal, offering Journal Articles, Research Reports, Transaction Papers, Conference Seminars, ASHRAE Handbooks, and more.
- Eligible first-year new members receive complimentary one-year subscription to Handbook Online which includes all four of the most recent ASHRAE Handbooks.
- Access to thousands of research reports available from Science and Technology for the Built Environment .
- Discounted subscription to complete online library from the Institute of Refrigeration (IOR).
Whether you are an experienced professional, new to the industry, or still in school, ASHRAE has learning opportunities for you.
- ASHRAE Learning Institute offers instructor-led courses for individuals and groups, in-person and virtually.
- Qualifying members may select to receive one free individual ASHRAE eLearning Course during the join and renew process. eLearning is affordable, convenient, on-demand learning for individuals or groups.
- ASHRAE Conferences include robust technical sessions and access to technical papers, and PDHs, and new members get one free Annual or Winter Conference registration.
- YEA Leadership Programs offer learning opportunities to members age 35 and younger.
- Become ASHRAE Certified in any of ASHRAE’s 7 certification programs to set yourself apart.